Ten Easy Ways to Live SimplyFrom series Ten Easy Ways To... .
We’ve come up with ten easy ways of living simply:
1. Notice and appreciate the nature around you.
2. Check your motivation when buying something.
4. Give something away you haven’t used in the past year.
5. Host a ‘swishing party’ to swap clothes with friends, thereby avoiding buying new clothes which might be unethically sourced. (See Swishing)
6. Create a moment of silence in your day to calm your mind.
7. Give up any luxury item you find yourself addicted to.
8. Remind yourself of the long-term, heavenly perspective.
9. Learn to sew and mend old clothes.
The bible says:
‘But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things (food, drink, clothes) will be given to you as well’ (Matthew 6.33)
In what other ways could you live simply?